Salute a Veteran: In this month of giving thanks, Veterans Day is the chance to pause and pay respect to the men and women who have served our country, both in war and peace.
Origin of the Holiday: First celebrated as Armistice Day, the day marked the end of World War I, formally recognized on the “11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month” in 1918. Veterans Day, in its modern form, continues to be celebrated November 11.
Ways to Say Thanks:
- Attend a Veterans Day event
- Ask a vet about their service.
- Thank a co-worker for their service.
- Buy a veteran coffee or a meal.
- Video chat with a veteran family member.
Remember the veterans in your life, and sacrifices made, all year long.